This is the follow up and the reason I made those awesome roasted tomatoes. This dish was originally intended to be a simple no-sauce pasta and chicken, but I didn’t have the right ingredients when I arrived home. So what to do? Make something new! (Start the roasted tomatoes first if you are doing them, as those will take the longest)
- Chopped/minced onions ( about 1/4-1/2 Cup)
- Garlic, minced (2 cloves)
- Vegetable stock ( 1/4 Cup)
- Cooking Wine (1/4 Cup, same amount as stock if you do more stock)
- Tomato paste (1 large scoop out of the can)
- Dried basil (three shakes)
- Dried thyme (about 1 tbsp)
Get the onions and garlic going in a sauce pan until they are nice and clear. Add the veggie stock and cooking wine and let it reduce to about 1/2 to 3/4 of what it was. Whisk in the tomato paste and add the spices. Add salt and pepper to taste. Reduce to low temp and cook pasta according to directions.
Flatten the chicken with a meat hammer or rolling pin and generously salt and pepper. Grill or pan fry until cooked, and then slice in long strips. Drain pasta when done and top with chicken, sauce, and roasted tomatoes. The roasted tomatoes take the longest, so start them WAY before anything else. Enjoy!